By Mary Emma Byrd
This ebook is a replica of the unique e-book released in 1899 and should have a few imperfections akin to marks or hand-written notes.
Read Online or Download A Laboratory Manual in Astronomy PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
The method of numbering the years A. D. (Anni Domini, Years of the Lord) originated with Dionysius Exiguus. Dionysius drafted a 95-year desk of dates for Easter starting with the yr 532 A. D. Why Dionysius selected the 12 months that he did to quantity as '1' has been a resource of controversy and hypothesis for nearly 1500 years.
In Christian technology on Trial, historian Rennie B. Schoepflin exhibits how Christian technological know-how therapeutic grew to become a possible replacement to medication on the finish of the 19th century. Christian Scientists didn't easily evangelize for his or her non secular ideals; they engaged in a therapeutic company that provided a healing replacement to many sufferers for whom drugs had confirmed unsatisfactory.
Around the globe, over seventy five million individuals are involuntarily childless, a devastating event for plenty of with major results for the social and mental healthiness of ladies specifically. regardless of higher degrees of infertility and powerful cultural meanings connected to having kids, little realization has been paid politically or academically to the desires of minority ethnic men and women.
Using his broad wisdom in evolutionary biology, philosophy, faith and atheism, writer Adam Neiblum weaves jointly numerous in demand tendencies in modern inspiration springing from Darwin’s concept of evolution. With philosophical argumentation and wit, he makes a compelling case for the direct connection among the shift clear of superstitious, faith-based considering, in the direction of naturalistic, evidence-based pondering, and humanity’s total social and ethical development.
- Creationism in Europe (Medicine, Science, and Religion in Historical Context)
- Evolutionary Biology: Conceptual, Ethical, and Religious Issues
- Isaac Newton on Mathematical Certainty and Method (Transformations: Studies in the History of Science and Technology)
- Daughters of Alchemy: Women and Scientific Culture in Early Modern Italy (I Tatti Studies in Italian Renaissance History)
- Scientific Research In World War II: What scientists did in the war (Kegan Paul Studies in Anthropology, Economy and Society)
- Evidence, Explanation, and Realism: Essays in Philosophy of Science
Additional resources for A Laboratory Manual in Astronomy
A Laboratory Manual in Astronomy by Mary Emma Byrd